If you are travelling with a group of friends or your family and you live close to the Spanish frontier, come to Barcelona by car is a great deal ! However, when you arrive, you take note that it is not so easy to park your car and it is particularly expensive.
We summarized you all the best tricks to park your car to enjoyed your vacations:
- You will find two zones in Barcelona: “Azul”(Blue) and “Verde”(Green). We strongly do not recommend to park your car in those zones because it is expensive, complicated and most of the time reserved for local and residents.
- You can park for free in those following areas:
- IKEA : Not in the center but a good alternative for free Park
- Address: Calle Ciencias, 100, 08907 Hospitalet de Llobregat
- Metro: L1 – Hospital de Bellvitge
- LA MAQUINISTA : The Shopping Mall has free parking with no limit time during the day, but it is closed during the night. If you necessary need your car during the night, there is also an exterior parking open 24/24h !
- Address: Calle Potosí, 2, 08030 Barcelona
- Metro: L1 – Torras i Bages
- AVENIDA DIAGONAL : Near Plaça de Pius XII, you will find lots of small and safe streets to park your car.
- Address: Plaça de Pius XII
- Metro: L3 – Maria Cristina
- PARC CIUTADELLA : Obviously next to the Ciutadella Park !
- Address: Calle de Ramón Turro
- Metro: L4 – Llacuna
- MONTJUIC : Free places are close to Fundación Miro. However it is not safe during the night for your car if you decided to park in exterior.
- Address: Fundación Miró – Parc de Montjuïc, s/n, 08038 Barcelona
- Metro: L3 – Poble Sec
- CALLE ICARIA : It is 30 minutes far from Las Ramblas by walk, close to the beach with an entire area to park for free
- Address: Calle Icaria
- Metro: L4 – Vila Olimpica
- What we definitely recommend you:
BOOK IN ADVANCE !
Problem with free parking is that most of them are far from the center. This is the reason why we proposed you alternatives:
You can book with Parking Viajeros. It is not free but prices are much more affordable than zones and basic parking. Your car will be in safe underground park with watchman. Staff speaks English, Spanish, French and Portuguese !
- Tariff is 7€/day
- Open 24/24h
- Address: Carrer Carreras i Candi, 65, Barcelona
- Metro: L5 – Babal and L1 – Mercat Nou
You can also book with Parclick or Parkimeter
- Parking are secured
- You have an interactive map that helps you to find the nearer parking from your place
- You can book in advance, then you can leave on holiday with peace of mind
- Subscription is less expensive than pay a parking place per day and/or week
- You can choose subscription that allow you the access of more than 50 parking in Barcelona